ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Need a script, please. :D

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe CollingNeed a script, please. :D
by on Mar 17, 2014 at 9:04:46 pm

Im not that good in scripting or programming anything, though I have tried many times. It's the only thing I have trouble with, but anyway, I was wondering if anyone would be so king as to post a script here that makes a Lens Flare's > Flare Brightness flicker to emulate a natural light.

Something like a candle flicker would do nicely. Please help. I appreciate it. Thanks all. :D

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Need a script, please. :D
by on Mar 17, 2014 at 11:23:05 pm

You want an "expression", not a script. Apply this to the flares brightness by "alt + click"

freq = 3;
amp = 20;

Change the freq number to make it flicker more each second(right now it's set to 3), change the amp to increase the how much the brightness value will change. Right now I have it set to 20, so that's the max that will be added or subtracted from the flares brightness.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Joe CollingRe: Need a script, please. :D
by on Mar 17, 2014 at 11:31:12 pm

Thanks John. I see now that this has been asked before and the same answer is on the internet - strange I did not find it the first time. Well thanks anyway. I appreciate the help. :D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved