ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Tutorial required

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John O'ConnorTutorial required
by on Mar 13, 2014 at 12:08:34 am

Hi everyone, Im kinda new in After Effects and Im really interested in making a logo like this one

Can somebody post a tutorial that help me to make that effect?
Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Tutorial required
by on Mar 13, 2014 at 11:54:10 am

Not creating a tutorial, but look up tutorials for shatter, card wipe and card dance. That's mainly what it looks like he used to create those logo transitions.

Another approach would be to just create your logo, mask it into pieces. Duplicate the layer for each mask created. Then for for each layer delete all of the masks but one(easy way to remember, layer 1, delete all masks except for mask 1). Move the CTI(current time indicator) a few seconds into your timeline, and set a position and rotation keyframe, this is how it will come together. Move back to the start point, and move each piece into 3D space, add some rotation. Maybe a little camera move to emphasize the 3D look, with some camera blur.

If you are really just getting started though, start here... Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC)

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved