ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Radial wipe preset

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John SappoRadial wipe preset
by on Mar 11, 2014 at 2:19:47 pm

Hi everyone,

I've created a rounded rectangle shape and turned the opacity all the way down on the fill color. I've increased the stroke a smidgen, and lastly applied a radial wipe effect to the shape layer to animate the reveal of the shape.

I've keyframed the 'Transition completion' attribute accordingly, and upon playback the animation is not a linear interpolation of the wipe. Meaning, the stroke outline of the shape wipe animates half of the shape and then drags the speed in the center and then speeds up again to finish the animation.

I've checked the graph editor and confirmed their is no bezier curve or other interpolating issues.

I'm only left to conclude that because the shape is truly not a 'radial' shape that the effect won't work correctly?

Should I just use a mask or am I using this preset effect wrong?

Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you all kindly in advance.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Radial wipe preset
by on Mar 11, 2014 at 6:31:22 pm

Shape layers, when created are comp size, so when you apply an effect to it that has a starting point, it doesn't default to the center of the shape layer.. So if you're shape layers isn't in the exact center of the composition, you will probably need to adjust the "Wipe Center" of the radial wipe so that it is in the center of your shape.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved