ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Extending time of ENTIRE After Effects project, after importing photoshop document?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Casey Labatt-SimonExtending time of ENTIRE After Effects project, after importing photoshop document?
by on Dec 24, 2014 at 3:51:11 am

Hi everyone! First post here.

I created an image in photoshop, and elements of the image were sorted into various folders.

I dragged the photoshop document into After Effects, and forgot to extend the time of the comp from the start. After Effects makes each photoshop folder within the master composition into an individual composition.

So, if I extend the length of my main composition, I still have to go in and individually extend the length of every other composition.

For example, say I have a photoshop document, organized like this:

Google Camera - Name of Document
-TopElements (Folder)
--Layer1
--Layer2
--Layer3
--Layer4
--Layer5
--Layer6
--Layer7
--Layer8
-Scenery (Folder)
--Trees (Folder)
---Layer1
---Layer2
---Layer3
---Layer4
--Layer1
--Layer2
--Layer3
--Waterfall (Folder)
---Layer1
---Layer2
---Layer3

My after effects project would have the main comp, and then each (folder) would be a comp inside the main comp. When I extend the length of the main comp, it doesn't extend the length of the sub-compositions.

So, is there any way to globally extend the length of the entire project?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Extending time of ENTIRE After Effects project, after importing photoshop document?
by on Dec 24, 2014 at 12:49:12 pm

Download this free script rd:Comp Setter. Allows you to select a master comp and make changes that ripple to all nested comps.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]