ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

90 degree angle rounded stripes?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Jackson90 degree angle rounded stripes?
by on Mar 3, 2014 at 10:05:42 pm

Hi CC,

I've been looking online for resources that show me the approach for how to make staggered stripe piping graphics.

i found a tutorial that was really great, shows me exactly what I wanted to see...except for one thing:

...I want straight box like stripes but with rounded edges like this:

The thing is I don't want to make this in Illustrator/Photoshop if possible because I don't want to unmask the section as a whole. I want to stagger the stripes in the piping.

I've experimented with CC Bender a bit but wish I had a bit more accuracy and control to 90 degrees.

Is there any plugin out there that can smoothly bend shapes?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: 90 degree angle rounded stripes?
by on Mar 4, 2014 at 3:58:44 pm

Don't know your AE version but C4D Lite in AE CC could probably do it. Element 3D might be a good choice, too.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Max JacksonRe: 90 degree angle rounded stripes?
by on Mar 4, 2014 at 6:36:24 pm

You know, I totally agree. I've been studying C4D some but don't have the money to buy any 3rd party software at the moment. I guess it's a good form of creative troubleshooting and survival.

It took all day but I found a solution. I currently have 3D Stroke and was able to use three shape layers doubling the stroke for each one on top and inverted matte one on top of the other. It behaved glitchy until render for some reason but now seems to work just fine.

I sure do look forward to having a true 3D tool at some point in time though.

Thanks Dave!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved