ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

MPEG Loop

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt HickeMPEG Loop
by on Mar 1, 2014 at 8:29:51 am

Howdy all. Looking for some expert opinions on how to best go about making a looped MPEG. It will be running continuously on my notebook via Dreamscene. The video loop in question is already edited correctly, just formatted in WMV.

I am trying to convert it over to MPEG2. Using After Effect CC & Adobe Media Encoder

The problem I am running into is the end of the MPEG will always stutter before it loops back to the beginning. I know the video frames are good, I've checked them in AE. I was able to get the video loop to not stutter in an H.264 conversion (checked the keyframe distance box and that fixed it), but Dreamscene won't accept an mp4 format for a desktop video wallpaper.

I know a seamless MPEG2 loop is possible because I've got several of them. One difference I've seen between them and this in MediaInfo properties is in my converted video loop, it's format is described as an MPEG-PS, whereas the other MPEG2 loops format read MPEG Version 2.

Is there a different version of the MPEG 2 format (like MPEG 2 / Part 2) that I should be using instead of the progressive stream?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I won't say anything. I'll merely offer you a facial expression that suggests you've gone insane."

Return to posts index

Matt HickeRe: MPEG Loop
by on Mar 11, 2014 at 3:46:17 am

*Bump*

No one has any advice?

I think the first problem is making sure the wmv if correctly rendered for a video loop. I know the first frame and the last should not be the same. Other than that...

???

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I won't say anything. I'll merely offer you a facial expression that suggests you've gone insane."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]