ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Project ideas for a newbie

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maktoom AhmadProject ideas for a newbie
by on Feb 21, 2014 at 9:37:50 am

I am new on the creativecow forum and not sure why i am new cause i should have been here ages ago. Anyway, I know softwares like After Effects and Cinema4D but only the basics. I think one of the ways to learn more is to do some projects. However, the problem is i don't know what sort of projects i can do and am not able to come up with a idea.

Please help

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Project ideas for a newbie
by on Feb 21, 2014 at 3:48:26 pm

There are some great free resources for learning AE and C4D. If you are just starting, I would suggest beginning here: Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC)

Once you move through that, I think some of the most creative and fun tutorials, that use a wide range of techniques can be found at VideoCopilot(mostly AE), Greyscalegorrila(combines C4D and AE) and Motionworks(C4D and AE).

There's a ton of other great sites out there too, do a search for C4D or After Effects tutorials and you'll find them.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Maktoom AhmadRe: Project ideas for a newbie
by on Feb 23, 2014 at 8:27:10 am

I have watched most of tutorials you mentioned above.However, now i want to do projects which i can then use to show my skills but i dont know what sort of projects i could work on or things i could create.

Can anyone help me with that?

Return to posts index

Anders HattneRe: Project ideas for a newbie
by on Feb 24, 2014 at 9:31:44 am

If you work with Cinema 4d you might be familiar with Greyscale gorilla. He started these 5 second proyects which is a very good idea for preactise and ...portfolio filler!
Why not look at the past proposed themes and do your own projects, that way you have a starting point and have to use your imagination too. It's better than just setting out to imitate somebody else's project.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved