ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

animation preset animates in scrub but not in render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelly Schaeferanimation preset animates in scrub but not in render
by on Feb 12, 2014 at 2:46:02 pm

Hi all

I'm using a cloud preset in my background and it animates during scrub but not during render. Can anyone help?

viddog4

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: animation preset animates in scrub but not in render
by on Feb 12, 2014 at 6:14:52 pm

Is the preset set to be a guide layer? Can you take upload a screen shot of your timeline?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Kelly SchaeferRe: animation preset animates in scrub but not in render
by on Feb 12, 2014 at 9:12:48 pm

I'm not sure about what a guideline layer is, but I'm uploading an image of my timeline, although I don't see it. Apologies but I am new to the forum

viddog4

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: animation preset animates in scrub but not in render
by on Feb 12, 2014 at 9:45:39 pm

No worries about being new. Use the third to last icon to upload a picture. After you upload it, it should appear in a column on the right side of the window, click on it and you should appear in the box on the left with and "Embed" code. Copy and paste the embed code into your reply.

From adobe help site:
Guide layers are standard layers with special status. A guide layer appears in the current composition but not in any subsequent compositions or the final render (unless it is specifically overridden in Render Settings.) You can use this for

foreground reference clips (picture-in-picture timing reference, aspect ratio crop reference)
temporary backgrounds to check edges when creating a matte
text notes to yourself
adjustment layers that are used only to check images (described further in the next chapter); a layer can be both an adjustment and a guide layer
Any image layer can be converted to a guide layer either by context-clicking it or by choosing Guide Layer from the Layer menu. (Figure 4.12).

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]