ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do I achive this effect in AE CS6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Jacob
How do I achive this effect in AE CS6
on Feb 10, 2014 at 6:08:24 am

Hi, I would like to achieve this motion effect in AE. I believe the effect in this link is created in Final Cut Pro.

The position is 0.24

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=160496854124566&set=vb.122347654606153...

Can you please advise.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: How do I achive this effect in AE CS6
on Feb 10, 2014 at 4:29:15 pm

There are a few things happening there that make that effective. On the beat, video slows down. That could be created using using a time effect(timewarp) or just time remapping the layer.

Next the video is duplicated twice and masked and stacked above the original layer. Position keyframes move the 2 upper layers into place. The opacity of these layers isn't 100%, and with a couple of keyframes they fade quickly out, revealing back the original image.

I made a very simplified version of the effect to illustrate the technique. 7116_pipandopacityfadefolder.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Philip Jacob
Re: How do I achive this effect in AE CS6
on Feb 17, 2014 at 4:27:07 am

Hello John, You are awesome. I truly appreciated your time and sample you shared with me. This is exactly I was looking for. I think this may be a built in effect in final cut pro. Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]