ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to re-combine multiple layers?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew AkadaHow to re-combine multiple layers?
by on Feb 6, 2014 at 7:06:10 am

Is it possible to recombine multipleMOV layers that were manually split from the same source file into a single without having to fully re-import the original?

If not, is there a way to work around this without having a god-awful amount of precomps?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: How to re-combine multiple layers?
by on Feb 6, 2014 at 2:52:17 pm

When you say split, what do you mean, did you "shift+D" to split the layer? If you did that, you can move the mouse over the layer end, grab it and extend it back out to it's original length. Or you could press "alt+[" to move the head or "alt+]" the tail of the layer back out. But if it's split it can't be recombined with itself in the timeline.l.

If that's not what you are trying to accomplish, perhaps some screens shots and a more detailed explanation of what you did and want to do will help us diagnose the problem and come up with some suggestions.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Andrew AkadaRe: How to re-combine multiple layers?
by on Feb 13, 2014 at 9:09:32 am

Sorry for the late response but thanks for the input! I was just over-thinking the issue and I was able to drag the layers back out to the desired length while subtracting the extras.

To iterate, I was doing the "shift+D" option.

Often the simplest solution was the correct one. Just a case of over-complicating a situation that needn't be so complex :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved