ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Smoke/Ink

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gigi Marzo
Smoke/Ink
on Feb 2, 2014 at 9:00:55 am

Hi!

I have a problem, I'd like to do an effects like this https://vimeo.com/33690610 (00:21), so I want to create a similar thing namely I want to drain an object with realistic smoke.

How can I do it?

Thank u in advance!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Smoke/Ink
on Feb 2, 2014 at 12:55:31 pm

The effect itself doesn't look very complicated, just executed & composited well. That's stock footage of either ink or smoke. It was positioned and possibly masked so it appears as it came out of the object. The draining could be accomplished with a few keyframes and a masked solid.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Gigi Marzo
on Feb 2, 2014 at 9:36:42 pm

I want to realize the smoke/ink (too). :)

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Feb 3, 2014 at 2:13:54 pm

There are a few ways of creating ink/smoke in AE, if you really want to go that route, using particle emitters. Red Giant has some free presets created by users for ink and smoke that you might be able to customize for your own use, they all would require trapcode particular though.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]