ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Missing Frames in .TIF Sequence

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron MooreMissing Frames in .TIF Sequence
by on Jan 29, 2014 at 4:46:44 pm

I'm rendering out a .tif sequence from Cinema 4D R12 Broadcast into After Effects CC but some of the frames did not render properly and there's just the color bars as sort of placeholders in those frames. I'd like to remove those frames and edit a smoothly flowing sequence in the Timeline. Should I just edit them out in the footage panel or import each complete sequence separately into AE, then edit them together? I was hoping there was quick way to just skip over the missing frames, but AE insists on a continuous sequence of numbered frames. There's probably something simple I'm missing.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Missing Frames in .TIF Sequence
by on Jan 29, 2014 at 5:49:20 pm

As far as the missing frames go and you want to skip them, check the "Force Alphabetical Order" box when importing.

If it was me, though, I would see about jumping back into C4D and re-rendering out just the missing frames(just set the render range to what you need). Course whether that makes sense depends on your time constraints, the C4D project, how fast it renders...

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Ron MooreRe: Missing Frames in .TIF Sequence
by on Jan 29, 2014 at 6:09:29 pm

Thanks, Johnny. I knew it had to be something simple. Some of the frames I didn't want in there anyway since I'm flying a camera through a two-story model of a radio station complex and those frames actually went through a wall in going down from the second floor to the first, so I'd just as soon skip them.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Missing Frames in .TIF Sequence
by on Feb 1, 2014 at 10:41:15 pm

Always happy to help

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]