ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3D Motion Tracking: Creating custom plane

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lou Ruiz3D Motion Tracking: Creating custom plane
by on Jan 8, 2014 at 8:34:36 pm

Hello, ...fairly new to AE and currently learning about 3D Motion Tracking with CD4Lite, Although I keep running into a problem that I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Is it possible to create your own plane after tracking footage for Cinema 4D Lite? Seems anything I record with my ipad mini 2 results in some panning error message leaving me with little to no decent plane selections. What I have been doing is placing the 3d object in AE and tweeking its alignment in C4D till it looks close enough and forgetting about the plane all together.

Maybe I don't need a plane with this type of footage? I don't know... so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: 3D Motion Tracking: Creating custom plane
by on Jan 9, 2014 at 6:33:08 pm

Sorry, but we don't have the kind of grasp on what you're doing to make a recommendation.

What's the nature of the AE project? What's in the comp? What kind of footage is it? What are you trying to track?

And how does an iPad figure into the workflow? What are you recording on it? What's the frame rate, media container and the codec of the resulting file? Surely you wouldn't run AE on it....

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved