ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Comps speed change

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc LucasComps speed change
by on Jan 7, 2014 at 10:40:22 am

All Comps in a project were 720p 25 fps
There was one clip a piece of stock footage that was 24p so I retimed it because when I conformed it to 25p it was shorter in the timeline. I exported and reimported into the project. Now all the original footage (talent speaking to camera) is playing back really slowly like its being really slowed down?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Comps speed change
by on Jan 7, 2014 at 4:50:31 pm

There's something else going on here. Conforming 24p footage to 25 would result in the footage running slightly FASTER, not slower.

I recommend going over the procedure you used to get this odd result. Pay particularly close attention to thr frame rates of everything.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Marc LucasRe: Comps speed change
by on Jan 7, 2014 at 7:34:56 pm

I have since sorted the clip situation out I think that was only a spark which lead to the whole of AE CC playing back from any project at 15fps its not specific to the project I was working on. I even opened and created a new project same thing happened. Exporting whatever is on the timeline is fine, just RAM preview is the problem.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Comps speed change
by on Jan 8, 2014 at 5:25:03 pm

I don't know anything about your preoject's horizontal or vertical dimensions. If they're too big, AE may not be able to do a realtime RAM Preview.

In fact, AE should tell you that in the Info pane for RAM Previewing. It will say "NOT realtime". If you see that, consider dropping the comp resolution to half, previewing every other frame (Shift-Zero on Num. pad), using AE's Region of interest...

...there are any number of ways to get a realtime RAM Preview.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Marc LucasRe: Comps speed change
by on Jan 8, 2014 at 5:29:51 pm

It was nothing to do with the size of the project because it was working fine up until the conforming of the media. I have since trashed prefs and that has sorted things out. Very odd tern of events. Thanks again for the replies!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]