ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Basic Time Remapping question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Wittekind
Basic Time Remapping question
on Jan 1, 2014 at 8:02:35 pm

I'm trying to follow a tutorial in Trish & Chris Meyer's book about time remapping. I added the TR property, but after that, they say to twirl down the arrow just to the left of the stopwatch to reveal the value & velocity graphs. My TR line in the timeline doesn't show any twirldown arrow, just the "go to pevious/next arrows at the very left. How can I get the TR velocity/value graphs to show up in the timeline?
Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Basic Time Remapping question
on Jan 1, 2014 at 9:13:43 pm

What book are you using? Give the edition number and/or year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Dave Wittekind
on Jan 1, 2014 at 9:47:15 pm

Oops. Thanks, Todd. I should've mentioned I'm using CS5 and the book covers AE 6.5. Has this funtionality changed since then?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jan 1, 2014 at 10:31:36 pm

Get a new edition of the book. That is horribly out of date.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Jan 2, 2014 at 6:09:40 am

I'm willing to go out on a very sturdy limb here and claim that the jump from AE 6.5 to AE 7 was probably one of the biggest in the history of the application... well, definitely in the interface :) Getting a new book is a great idea.

As for your question about the value and speed graphs they reside in the Graph Editor in the timeline, the shortcut is Shift-F3 and the toggle icon is the farthest right above the layer switches (where the composition toggles reside: Motion Blur, Brainstorm, Automatic Keyframing, etc.)

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Dave Wittekind
on Jan 2, 2014 at 2:11:10 pm

Thanks very much, Darby & Todd. This helps get me past this hurdle. I'm ordering a new edition of Meyer's book today.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]