ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

32 Bit Rendering in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Vo32 Bit Rendering in After Effects
by on Dec 19, 2013 at 2:18:41 am

Hi, I'm not very technically inclined with this information, I am a hobby video editor and have not gone to school for any of this stuff so I thought that'd be nice to know before helping me if you can.

I am running on a
Dell xps 9000 studio
quad core
i7 980
12gb ram
512mb graphics card
3.2ghz cpu

I am editing and rendering in a master composition with the specs of: 1280 x 720, 23.976 fps, square pixels. The project is heavy in motion, with camera, color correction, blurs and some transitioning plugins such as Boris Continuum, DigiFx, and Saphire Fx packs. When I render in a 32bit color depth, (to remove banding that happens in the video) my video will render say 1/3 of the way, with a final duration of 3 minutes allotted for my total work space, then it crashes with some sort of effect error or plugin error, related otherwise.

Some other things to know is that I am rendering with the composition at FULL quality, and that when i render in 8bit it is fine. I am rendering to lagarith loseless codec so I don't see too big of a deal with bit color spaces unless I am mistaken. But I cannot render in 16bit or 32bit without error.

I have a video cache allotted with 2gigs of space for it, as well as purge every 2 frames within the secret menu.

I have been thinking to render the video in the loseless codec in smaller parts then restitching it back together. Any thoughts and solutions? All answers are appreciated.

Thanks for reading,

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: 32 Bit Rendering in After Effects
by on Dec 19, 2013 at 11:03:07 am

Hi -- have you seen this blog from copilot?

- ------Chris --

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: 32 Bit Rendering in After Effects
by on Dec 19, 2013 at 12:27:20 pm

Not sure what is causing your crash, smarter people than me might be able to figure that out. What I would suggest is to render to a Tiff sequence. That way, if/when it crashes you can pick right back up where it left off. If you have audio, you will have to stitch that back in AE or Premierem if not drag all the tiffs into AE or Encoder and render to your final format.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Kevin VoRe: 32 Bit Rendering in After Effects
by on Dec 20, 2013 at 3:06:21 pm

I have tried rendering to a TIFF sequence, and after 6 or so TIFF sequences I was successful in restitching it together. It took a little while but I managed to re-interpret the fps of the footage to my project fps, But all Is well! Thank You!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: 32 Bit Rendering in After Effects
by on Dec 21, 2013 at 1:22:23 pm

Yeah, but you still have the problem, right?

What plugin was giving you trouble?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Brandon PodellRe: 32 Bit Rendering in After Effects
by on Dec 25, 2013 at 6:51:02 am

If one specific plugin isn't causing the problem, then it's likely that After Effects is crashing because too many effects are applied to one clip. Removing effects from the clip that is causing After Effects to crash, rendering on a faster computer, or exporting a sequence of TIFF images are possible solutions.

Like BPodell Productions on Facebook:

View my Film Portfolio:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved