ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Moving Multiple Layers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zoe griffithsMoving Multiple Layers
by on Dec 12, 2013 at 1:43:45 pm

Hello all,

This might be a really basic question, or I may have just done this all wrong from the start, but I'd really appreciate some advice on moving multiple layers in a timeline...

To summarise, I have a composition that currently has about 260 layers, including both individual and pr-comps, making up a typeography/illustration piece.

Everything is timed to the voice over, but I now have to change the voice over so all the timings will change. Plus, it's all linked to one layer, which is animated to move all the other content around - so these timings will also need to change in accordance with all the timings of the individual sections...

Is there a basic way of moving all layers down the timeline at once, without disrupting the timings further down? Perhaps add extra time to all layers at once??

Any ideas would be really really appreciated. At the moment I'm looking at moving all layers individually, so any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Moving Multiple Layers
by on Dec 13, 2013 at 12:57:24 am

[zoe griffiths] "Everything is timed to the voice over, but I now have to change the voice over so all the timings will change."

Everyone who reads this will understand if you can't suppress the urge to scream, curse a blue streak and throw things that break easily.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I can think of no way around your predicament.

That's the cool thing about animated typography: it often matches the announcer. That's the curse of it as well.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved