ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Basic Effect Question - Changing the color of a building

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amy Blaisdell
Basic Effect Question - Changing the color of a building
on Dec 3, 2013 at 5:34:41 am

Hi - I'm trying to make a customized stock shot of the outside of a building. I've mostly used After Effects in getting rid of stuff in images, but less so for color / adding things.

The building is kind of a cream/stone color and I want to turn it red. I tried using the replace color tool, but that didn't work out too well.

Also, I'm putting a person's head (cut from a jpeg) on a sign in front of the building. Any suggestions on what filters to use to make it look less "video-y." Kind of like painted on or stone/grainy looking?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Basic Effect Question - Changing the color of a building
on Dec 3, 2013 at 12:37:47 pm

For the building you will probably need to isolate it by masking and then apply color correction effects to change the building red. Another approach would be to take a solid, and a red fill effect to it, place it over the isolated building layer and experiment with different transfer modes and colors.

For the head, once you get it in place, try using the screen or overlay transfer mode, that will help blend it in.

If you can take a screen grab of the building and post it, it might help people come up with alternative methods of color correction.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]