ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CS4 After Effects rendered video is choppy, but audio is fine.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dallas StaheliCS4 After Effects rendered video is choppy, but audio is fine.
by on Dec 3, 2013 at 12:21:26 am

Hi all. I am having an issue rendering some GoPro 1 & 2 footage. It was all filmed in 720p at 60fps. When I RAM Preview my composition, it plays perfectly. When I add it to the Render Queue at 60 fps as a Quicktime Movie, the resulting file plays extremely choppy (except for the first 5 seconds). The audio (single mp3 track) plays perfectly every time though.
I have tried playing it on VLC, Quicktime and Windows Media Player with the same result. All the files I am using are local on the main harddrive.
I made a previous video with the same GoPro resolution and frame rate (except that it was filmed with a Hero 3), and it rendered just fine. I am using an Asus G73JH laptop with Intel i7 Quad Core 1.60 GHz, 6 GB RAM and Windows 7 64 Bit. Any help is appreciated greatly!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: CS4 After Effects rendered video is choppy, but audio is fine.
by on Dec 3, 2013 at 2:13:14 am

See this:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/684381

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Dallas StaheliRe: CS4 After Effects rendered video is choppy, but audio is fine.
by on Dec 3, 2013 at 3:51:59 am

Thank you for the quick and very helpful response! I've used Media Encoder before, and that did the trick in this case. I learned some good things from some of those links. It looks like the HDTV 720p 23.976 High Quality with a Frame Rate of 59.94 setting will be best. It will be viewed mainly online. Thank you very much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]