ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Batch Exporting Multiple Keyed clips

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danor GeraldBatch Exporting Multiple Keyed clips
by on Nov 25, 2013 at 7:28:10 pm

I need to render multiple short (:04 - :08) clips of people on greenscreen. I have 500+ clips to be composited onto other videos as needed.

I have been searching all day for a workflow to no avail. So far I've come across broken links to an script that did sound promising, and other threads I've found didn't quite meet my needs. So now I am consulting the group mind of the COW.

Here's the project spec and needs.
Assets:
500 green screen clips. Actors on camera doing short emotive expressions with no dialogue.

Deliverable:
Separate clips keyed out and delivered RGB+Alpha.

Problem:
I have done a test key and export to FLV (the delivery format) successfully. So I can get it to work on one clip. Now I need to set up a batch export. I was hoping I could key each clip, set it all up to render each clip out of one ae comp. I saw a thread that linked to a "render layers" script but the link was a dead end.

Is there an alternative workflow that exports separate clips without having to setup hundreds of comps and put them into Media Encoder?

Thanks in advance for reading and helping.
Danor
http://wwww.imdb.me/danor

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Batch Exporting Multiple Keyed clips
by on Nov 25, 2013 at 9:14:56 pm

Couldn't you set up the 100's of comps, select them all from the project window, press "shift+cntl+/" to load them into the render queue and then just use a couple of templates for your Render settings and output modules.

If you click all the comps in the render queue(and have templates made), they will all be selected to start, so click your template for "Render Settings" and they all receive that template. Next go to the first comp, and click on the "Outlet Module" to highlight it(don't open it). Scroll down and click "Outlet Module" to highlight that one, now select your template and all will receive the same output. Done

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Danor GeraldRe: Batch Exporting Multiple Keyed clips
by on Nov 26, 2013 at 12:18:14 am

Yes, John I see the templates for output modules is the way to go. Thanks! BTW FYI: I found a script that can be run so that I don't have to replicate/setup hundreds of comps.

There is a script that allows you to export separate layers as individual clips. Once I add keyframes for fades, keylight, scaling etc. it renders out each trimmed layer as a separate file.
By using the steps you described above it's a perfect storm for mass rendering. For some reason the idea of setting up 500+ comps seemed like a daunting way to go to me. The script names the clips automatically as well.

Here is the link to some documentation on it: http://www.crgreen.com/aescripts/
Look for Queue_Comp_Sections half way down the page.

Here is a direct link to the script itself. http://www.crgreen.com/aescripts/actual_scripts/Queue_Comp_Sections.jsx

I'm using your suggestion combined with this script. I haven't done much with batch exporting in ae so thanks for taking time to help me figure this out. It's easier than I thought!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Batch Exporting Multiple Keyed clips
by on Nov 26, 2013 at 2:38:48 am

Glad you found that script. The first place I checked when I read your question was AEScripts, but I overlooked that one...glad you got it worked out.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]