ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

motion tracking won't apply

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sherri haymotion tracking won't apply
by on Nov 20, 2013 at 12:02:09 am

quite new to after effects and this is my first attempt at motion tracking. it's tracking very successfully but the 'apply' button isn't highlighted, and of course when i click on it it doesn't do anything.
i'm not sure if i've done something wrong or if i'm missing a step. i also notice that where the keyframes usually are in the tracker bar, there is a black line...
i'd appreciate it if anyone has any advice :)

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: motion tracking won't apply
by on Nov 20, 2013 at 1:03:50 am

Show a screenshot of your Tracker panel and Timeline panel.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

siew keiRe: motion tracking won't apply
by on Nov 20, 2013 at 6:15:40 am

Typically, for motion tracking, you would have two layers in your composition. The first layer contains the video with the motion you want to track, and the 2nd layer is the one you want to apply the motion tracking data to so that it follows the motion. For example, the 1st layer may be a video of a moving signboard, and the 2nd layer may be some text that you want to stick onto the signboard.

If you don't have a 2nd layer in your composition, or if you do not define the 2nd layer using the 'Edit target' in the motion tracker window, then the 'apply' button is greyed out.

If your timeline is zoomed out, then the keyframes on the tracker bar will merge together to look like a black line. Just zoom in the timeline and you should be able to see the individual keyframes.

Hope this is helpful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved