Techniques used for Breaking Bad intro

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Sims
Techniques used for Breaking Bad intro
on Nov 18, 2013 at 1:28:28 pm

Hi Folks.

I'm new to this site and new to AE.

I've been asked at work to create an intro for one of their videos, in the style of the show Breaking Bad. I've scoured the web with no luck so far, and I'm simply too new to AE to really know where to begin. If I had more time, I'd work my way through a bunch of tutorials, and probably figure it out myself. Problem is, I have a very small window (roughly two weeks) to get it done.

Any of you kind folks have any advice, even if just the names of the techniques used for the various steps? (The moving text and periodic table effect in the beginning, the breaking out of the two elements, the smoke swipe-out and swipe-in of the letters toward the end, etc.)

All hints and help would be so, so appreciated, and I thank you all for reading and for your consideration.

Bob

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Techniques used for Breaking Bad intro
on Nov 18, 2013 at 8:58:51 pm

Even though you have a small amount of time, I strongly recommend that you use at least a day of your two weeks to learn the basics. Doing so will make the rest of the time more efficient, including giving you a common vocabulary with people (like us) so that you can ask specific questions.

Animating a few 2D layers in 3D space and compositing in some stock footage of smoke is easy once you know the basics.

Start here to learn After Effects:
http://adobe.ly/AE_basics

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Bob Sims
on Nov 18, 2013 at 9:18:06 pm

I'll start right now, Todd. Thank you very much for the response.

Bob

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Nov 19, 2013 at 2:57:21 am

The page/links Todd has put together will get you started on the right path. After you check that out(the videoCopilot one is a pretty quick start-up) if you have specific questions regarding that open, come back and ask.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Bob Sims
on Nov 19, 2013 at 3:09:15 am

Will do. Thanks, Johnny.

Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]