ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to add gun models

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tana Maduveko
How to add gun models
on Nov 16, 2013 at 1:40:26 pm

How can i add a 3d gun model onto a paper or cardboard fake one ?

The reason im doing this is because i live in the UK

I also have boujou and After effects CS6

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: How to add gun models
on Nov 16, 2013 at 4:11:32 pm

What you are asking to do sounds like a real tall order, but if you can, upload a screen grab, so we know what we're dealing with here(third to last icon above reply box).

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Tana Maduveko
on Nov 16, 2013 at 8:47:20 pm

If I make the gun have some black Xs on it will Programs be able to track it

I don't think you can import 3d models into after effects CS6

Do I parent the object in boujou? (if that actualy works)

or is there some way im missing?

Return to posts index

Tana Maduveko
on Nov 16, 2013 at 5:44:40 pm

that is the gun I want to use but I can't track it in AE or boujou

Sorry for the late response

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Nov 17, 2013 at 11:24:06 am

Get/loan a replica gun and get proper filming permissions or a filming location where you can film without scaring passersby.

Return to posts index

Tana Maduveko
on Nov 17, 2013 at 5:13:32 pm

I want film just on my street and there is barley any people who walk by however it is against the law to own a black gun it has to be 2 different colours and I don't think I need permission it's a public area

I think I have found a work around though if I track the gun in boujou I'm gonna test tomorrow I'll post results tomorrow

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Nov 18, 2013 at 5:04:08 am

[Tana Maduveko] "I want film just on my street and there is barley any people who walk by"

Yeah, but if you could film in a closed controlled area then you'd save the time and trouble trying to make a CG-gun. There are movies being made in the UK that have guns in them and if I remember correctly the law was about toy guns.

Return to posts index

Tana Maduveko
on Nov 18, 2013 at 9:04:55 pm

The two tone was axed because airsoft was getting more popular from what I found (but I may be wrong) and if the police get reports of armed people they send outs armed response units from what I have found out

And on the closed area thing I live in a small town and there aren't even airsoft places unless I go the other side of the county

However I have learned how to do the effect anyway (in theory)

Track footage in boujou then export to 3ds max parent a tracking node attached to the fake gun to the gun model

thanks for the suggestion

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Nov 18, 2013 at 2:42:35 pm

Yeah, but if you could film in a closed controlled area then you'd save the time and trouble trying to make a CG-gun. There are movies being made in the UK that have guns in them and if I remember correctly the law was about toy guns.

I agree with this 100%, if you have the opportunity to shoot something and the cost is some phone calls and maybe a permit, get it. You are potentially adding hours-days of post work with no guarantee that you will be happy with the results.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Tana Maduveko
on Nov 18, 2013 at 9:11:52 pm

I won't really mind having extra work hours at this early of a stage but if I get further down I might want to buy Lucas and try and get a permit but like the post above I have found a method of getting the effect I was looking for

(In theory)

but thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]