ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

can't get my layer to turn on to be viewed

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Johnson
can't get my layer to turn on to be viewed
on Nov 5, 2013 at 4:32:25 am

trying to make a simple project to add to a FCP project. I have 19 layers that I was making to zoom from a house to outer space. I had scaled and parented the stills when I noticed I had a still with different dimensions so the aspect was goofed up. I deleted and resized in Photoshop and put it back in line for scaling and parenting. I go into the comp and click on my repair and it works fine. I can see it, play with opacity, etc...when I click the eye on for any of the other stills, I can't see them to work on them. I took the parenting feature off and still can't. I tried the custom view to active camera and nothing. Do I have to start over? This is AE 5.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: can't get my layer to turn on to be viewed
on Nov 5, 2013 at 6:15:01 pm

I beet you unintentionally turned on the Solo switch. It's a circle-shaped deal right next to the visibility eyeball in AE.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Craig Johnson
on Nov 6, 2013 at 12:05:53 am

Thanks for responding Dave. I tried that already. That's not it.

Return to posts index

Craig Johnson
on Nov 6, 2013 at 2:39:30 pm

Figured it out. Somehow when I saved the project and reopened it, the scale on each of the layers had set to zero. Still trying to get how that happened. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Nov 6, 2013 at 3:32:58 pm

I've had that happen in CS5 before, usually on keyframes, and the first keyframe would somehow change to a scale value of zero. Could never figure that one out. Happened a few times. Haven't seen it in CS6.
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]