ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Relink Red R3D files to AAF from Avid

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark RenzRelink Red R3D files to AAF from Avid
by on Oct 29, 2013 at 4:20:26 pm

Hello forum,

I am trying to find the best way to go about a conform in After Effects from Avid. Let me start by saying I am not too familiar with AE, I spend most of my time in editorial. I am trying to prep this for our mograph person so they don't need to waste their time doing this. Here is what has been done. We loaded Red r3d files into Avid and transcoded for editorial. I need to send an AAF or such to AE that can link to the original r3d files so we have access to the entire 4K image inside a 1920x1080 project. Is this possible, or am I going to need to manually match all the edits?

Thanks
Mark

Mark Renz
Senior Editor
Outpost Worldwide

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Relink Red R3D files to AAF from Avid
by on Oct 29, 2013 at 6:24:18 pm

Don't you need some Red Rocket gizmo to get that to work properly?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mark RenzRe: Relink Red R3D files to AAF from Avid
by on Oct 29, 2013 at 6:25:27 pm

Don't think so. The r3ds load in Avid and AE with no issues.

Mark Renz
Senior Editor
Outpost Worldwide

Return to posts index

Mark RenzRe: Relink Red R3D files to AAF from Avid
by on Oct 29, 2013 at 7:35:52 pm

Here is the solution based on my testing. In Avid relink sequence to original r3d files that were AMAed into project. Export AAF to import into AE. I am using Version 5.5 so I used Automatic duck Pro Import. The files will come into AE as solid because the media was just linked not actual Avid Media. Use replace footage command for each clip, point to the r3d file that needs to be linked to specific clip. After doing this for all clips I now have a comp with all my edits in place. This beats manually redoing every edit in AE.

Mark Renz
Senior Editor
Outpost Worldwide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]