ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

I want to make this graphic - but how?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve ProI want to make this graphic - but how?
by on Oct 26, 2013 at 11:38:22 am

I'm wanting to make this promo graphic, and I really like this graphic, but I dont know where so start as it looks quiet complex when it enters the screen. So what steps can I take in creating this graphic?

- Graphic enters at - 0:09 seconds

Many Thanks!

Steve

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: I want to make this graphic - but how?
by on Oct 26, 2013 at 8:37:12 pm

Check out this tutorial for AE6 on creating 3D text/textures. It also has some free texture presets, so it should get you pretty close to creating what you need. If you have an earlier version of AE there are other ways of achieving that look also, but not they are a bit trickier.

free 3D material options project and tutorials for After Effects CS6

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Steve ProRe: I want to make this graphic - but how?
by on Oct 26, 2013 at 10:53:35 pm

[John Cuevas] "Check out this tutorial for AE6 on creating 3D text/textures"

Thanks John! Just the only issue is, it manly focuses on 3D text rather then what im looking for in the promo graphic that opens at 9 seconds of the video. I work in After Effects CS6, do you think you could give me a example? or run through steps for me in accomplishing the graphic.

Many thanks!

Steve

Return to posts index

by on Oct 27, 2013 at 2:38:14 am

Can you be more precise about what is happening at 9 seconds that you are trying to accomplish. I see the 3D text with a reflective texture---not sure what else is happening there. Thanks

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

by on Oct 27, 2013 at 2:54:59 am

[John Cuevas] "I see the 3D text with a reflective texture---not sure what else is happening there"

Is the lower third graphics saying, "new. Tonight 8.30". Sorry, look from 10 seconds.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 27, 2013 at 1:10:11 pm

I'm going to assume you are fairly new to AE so I'm going to suggest you a few places for you to start learning. For the lower third, you can create that with some shape layers, animated masks, and animating opacity and for the text using a layer to mask it off and animating position.

Take a look at these tutorials and if you have some specific questions about that lower third, let me know and we can work it out: Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC)---this is an all encompassing link to help beginners with AE. Check out point 4---with links to 2 free training series. The one at VideoCoPilot is quick and will probably cover most of the techniques to create that lower third(it doesn't cover shape layers, but you could do the same with solids and masks). Andrew Devis' series goes into much more depth, but is a lot longer.

Also here's a free tutorial on creating lower thirds that I think will cover 90% of what would be needed to create your the lower third in that video. Design Your Own Broadcast Lower Thirds

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

by on Oct 28, 2013 at 12:41:44 am

Thank you very much, this helped!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]