ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After effect CC trial display preview problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dody suryadi
After effect CC trial display preview problem
on Oct 25, 2013 at 8:54:44 am

why display preview and live update button not appear, actually i already enable the live update on right click menu??
any solution how to find live update button??

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: After effect CC trial display preview problem
on Oct 25, 2013 at 3:37:39 pm

That button has been removed from the Timeline panel in After Effects CC (12.0) and later. It caused a tremendous amount of trouble; new users who were exploring the application by just clicking buttons would turn off Live Update by clicking that button and have no idea what they'd done, and then later they'd be confused because previews weren't updating as they changed properties.

The functionality hasn't been removed. As you have shown, you can still use the menu command and keyboard shortcuts to invoke it. There just is no longer a button in a place where it was mostly clicked by accident by beginners.

BTW, this and every other change in After Effects CC (12.0) is described in "what’s new and changed in After Effects CC (12.0)":
"The Live Update button has been removed from the Timeline panel. You can still enable or disable Live Update functionality with the command in the Timeline panel menu and the keyboard shortcuts (Alt on Windows or Option on Mac OS)."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

dody suryadi
on Oct 25, 2013 at 4:29:19 pm

So how to make my footage appear in display preview (before I found same case which solve by activate the live update) then I follow it to activate the live update, but still my footage not appear in display only white background..any solution for this case or i miss some step/setting???

thank in advance

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Oct 25, 2013 at 4:59:52 pm

Your composition has a grey solid layer at the top. Your Composition panel is showing a grey frame. That seems to be correct.

It's still not clear to me what your problem is.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

dody suryadi
on Oct 26, 2013 at 8:04:49 am

no Todd, see on button color my footage in first layer ,I put RGB set to (1,1,1)its should be close to black. I still figure out what the problem, I already try to reinstall the AE CC but still same problem. right now I installing on win 8, and maybe latter I will try in Win 8.1
hope it solve.

by the way thanks for your attention & support

Regards,

Return to posts index

dody suryadi
on Oct 30, 2013 at 2:16:38 pm

Hi now it work after update nvidia driver 327.23 for GTX670M (qosmio X875/q7380) download from nvidia site which previous version is default driver 305....(forget)

but my another question for Adobe in future
should I always updating my GPU driver when latest adobe AE update available ???
I worried as GPU driver update from notebook factory sometime not available when nvidia site announcement the latest update for driver and sometime it incompatible with notebook

thanks in advace

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Oct 30, 2013 at 2:20:06 pm

Questions about whether a GPU driver is compatible with your computer are questions for Nvidia.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]