ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3-way vertical split screen project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim McCain3-way vertical split screen project
by on Oct 24, 2013 at 12:07:02 pm

I just started a project for a client that needs a 'slideshow' of his catalog for a trade fair. I've never done a project like this so I would like to get some good info and tips before starting to work on this project.

I'm going to receive a hi-res PDF of the catalog. The client will have 3 screens (1920x1080) set up vertically. He want the slideshow to be split on these 3 screens. The client wants to receive a .mov file that he's going to playback with VLC. I have no info on hardware yet.

I was going to start a After Effects project (1920x3240) and start importing the PDF's into that composition. Then add a transition to each slide and export the project. In VLC I've already checked to play playback on a videowall and this is possible.

What do you guys think? I'm most worried about the playback section on location. I'll try to contact someone from the company that is going to supply the screen.

Please let me know what you think!

Return to posts index

Tim McCainRe: 3-way vertical split screen project
by on Oct 28, 2013 at 3:08:12 pm

Hello again,

I've just received the hardware specs for this project. The client is going to use 3 Samsung 46' LFD UE46A screens. Does anyone has some experience with that?

I've also created a test project in AE 1920x3240. Ive tried to render a file in Quicktime (H264) but AE gave me an error that I can only render 1920x2000 max. So I went and used Avids DNxHD codec. The 30sec slideshow became 5GB. Do I seriously need to send a file that big to the client to playback with VLC. The slideshow is going to be around 5min. That's aprox 50GB....?

Help please!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved