ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Graphic comes in a little "hard"

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John MarkGraphic comes in a little "hard"
by on Oct 21, 2013 at 10:35:11 am

Purchased graphics from videoHive are in some way, professional made. They play nicely on a HDTV in 1080i50. Just when I create graphics, they dont turn out how I want them to be. cause I'm no professional graphics maker.

The graphic is a simple lower third, used with the effect of linear wipe, swiping from right to left, with text entering with linear wipe as well. The graphic comes in a little "hard" along with text. There is no smooth soft factor about it. Is there any technique on how I can soften and make the graphic as smooth as possible?

Thank you CC

A News Graphic Lover

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Graphic comes in a little "hard"
by on Oct 21, 2013 at 7:33:03 pm

if the keyframe that you want to change has a diamond shape in the timeline, that means it is using linear (or hard) interpolation. you can change that by selecting the keyframe and choosing animation>keyframe assistant> and one of the ease interpolations.

choose 'easy ease' if you want soft interpolation in and out of the keyframe; choose 'ease in' if you want it to be soft coming into the keyframe but hard coming out; choose 'ease out' if you want it to be hard into the keyframe but soft coming out of the keyframe.

from what you described, you probably want 'ease in'.

if you want it to be even softer, select the property with the keyframe and click the graph button at the top of the timeline (icon furthest to the right). from there you can right-click the graph and choose 'edit speed graph' and pull the handles as needed to change the speed coming into or out of the keyframe.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

John MarkRe: Graphic comes in a little "hard"
by on Oct 21, 2013 at 10:58:58 pm

Thank you Kevin. I'll give these techniques a go!

A News Graphic Lover

Return to posts index

abner rodriguezRe: Graphic comes in a little "hard"
by on Oct 26, 2013 at 3:31:30 am

having the same problem. /:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]