ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

"Enter the Void" - Recreating psychedelia in VFX (Effect Request)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ollie Inglis
"Enter the Void" - Recreating psychedelia in VFX (Effect Request)
on Oct 16, 2013 at 10:10:23 pm

Hi there. Don't know if this is the right forum for it, but I am trying to recreate some of the 3 psychedelic effects as seen in the film Enter the void.

here is the video clip. In particular I would be interested in things that happen at 4:35 and at around 6:00. How do they create things like this? What sofware and techniques/animation techniques would be involved to get these 3d psychedelic effects? I would not be looking for simply using the Kalediscope effect in AE but perhaps some other programs or techniques to get it looking as professional as this?

Any light on the situation would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: "Enter the Void" - Recreating psychedelia in VFX (Effect Request)
on Oct 17, 2013 at 11:09:53 am

Do you have another example, that one was blocked.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Ollie Inglis
on Oct 17, 2013 at 11:47:01 am

Yes sorry, this clip here works for me:

. Effects are around 4:00 and 4:40 in this one. And here is another clip just incase

. If these dont work if you type "Enter the Void" DMT on youtube you should find some stuff.

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Oct 17, 2013 at 7:58:22 pm

Few different techniques come into mind. One would be to use layers of Trapcode Form. If you are familiar with Cinema4D check out this tutorial from John Dickinson at Motion Works, Warm Bodies. Lastly, you can create a lot of incredible textures and patterns using Fractal Noise in AE, check out these fractal noise experiments. You could make some cool patterns, layer them in 3D space and create something like the linked video.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]