ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Shape Tool settings

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mercedes GonzalezShape Tool settings
by on Oct 16, 2013 at 12:30:15 am

Hello,
I use the star shape tool in one of my compositions, playing with it I changed the Rotation and the different Radius options, I even rename it as "Polystar" since I was practicing with other shape tools. Well, got rid of that composition, that was about 2 weeks ago, and since then every single time I try to use the Star tool the "Polystar" name appears in the time line with the changes I made 2 weeks ago. If I keep using the tool, Polystar1, Polystar2, etc keep showing up. I renamed it "Star", change the settings, and it didn´t make any difference, closing project, closing AE, no matter what, every time the "Polystar" name will appear. Very frustrating, no idea what I did to keep those settings, and no idea what I need to do to get rid of them. I don´t even like them!!!!

Truly appreciate to get rid of the "polynightmare"!!!!

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mercedes

In the battle with reality, no matter what, reality always wins

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Shape Tool settings
by on Oct 16, 2013 at 3:05:55 am

The default name for a shape created with that tool is 'polystar'.

The settings used are those that were last used and are stored in the preferences.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Mercedes GonzalezRe: Shape Tool settings
by on Oct 16, 2013 at 10:14:57 pm

Hi Tod!

Thank you for for response. Yes, I have realized after I posted the question than Polystar is the default name.
But regarding the settings, as I said, for 2 weeks I have been changing the settings everyday using the star shape tool and the same settings from 2 weeks ago remain, never the last used. How do I access to this settings in Preferences?

Thanks again for your time and expertise,

Saludos,

Mercedes

Return to posts index

Mercedes GonzalezRe: Shape Tool settings FULLY SOLVED
by on Oct 19, 2013 at 3:24:43 am

FULLY SOLVED in case could help anybody else.
"The settings used are those that were last used" That is not 100% correct because IF you click the shift key while you are playing with your Shape Tool those settings will remain every time you use your shape tool UNTIL you click again the shift key.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]