ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Avoid mask resize

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcos GananAvoid mask resize
by on Oct 13, 2013 at 8:51:07 pm

Hi! I'm rotoscoping a real horse and the mask layer (a solid) moves following a traker null from Mocha. After hours point to point making the mask, I see the solid isn't big enough layer. How to enlarge this solid without the mask path resize too?? I just try to precompose the layer, set the new comp to the size I need, and not. The mask path change the size too. Please help (and sorry for my bad english)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zs3q7tuyl97yd0o/Screenshot%202013-10-13%2022.46.4...

Poor english...

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Avoid mask resize
by on Oct 13, 2013 at 10:31:23 pm

Create a new solid that is big enough and copy the mask from your first layer to the new solid.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Marcos GananRe: Avoid mask resize
by on Oct 14, 2013 at 8:59:56 am

Thank you John. I did that, and the mask resizes proportionally to the size of the new solid. Even precomposing it.

Poor english...

Return to posts index

by on Oct 14, 2013 at 10:42:31 am

Sorry. Here is the solution: http://forums.creativecow.net/archivethread/2/624149

I didn't see it yesterday, even doing some searches.
Thanx to Rick Gerard.

Poor english...

Return to posts index

by on Oct 14, 2013 at 1:02:15 pm

At some point did you change the scale of the layer with the original mask?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

by on Oct 14, 2013 at 4:58:59 pm

That's for sure, John! I did do that. Which version are you talking about? CC? Because in CS6, if you scale the layer with a mask in, the mask scale too.

Poor english...

Return to posts index

by on Oct 14, 2013 at 11:04:12 pm

I'm using CS6. I did a test with 2 layers that were different dimensions, but were both were 100% scale. So when I copied the masks it worked fine. Glad you were able to use the solution above to solve the problem.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

by on Oct 15, 2013 at 9:03:45 am

Oh, man, you are completely right! Sorry I didn't understand the idea. It was a 100% scale issue. I was scaling de solid from comp size, and that is what had been resizing the mask. Your solution is perfect, and of course, much more easier!

Thanx so much.

Poor english...

Return to posts index

Ross ShainRe: Avoid mask resize
by on Oct 15, 2013 at 11:21:20 pm

This is not the solution to your question, but wanted to mention:
you can do the roto within mocha AE, then paste the rotospline directly into the AE mask layer.

No need to link mocha tracking to AE solids. Paste mocha shape to mask channel.

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems
http://www.imagineersystems.com

Return to posts index

by on Oct 16, 2013 at 7:45:11 pm

Yes, I knew that. Just, I think that AE masks are more friendlier than in mocha, in addition, there are af few layers in my comp that must be tracking too. But, thanx for the advice. Thank you.

Poor english...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]