ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is there anything like secondary color correction in After Effects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave AndradeIs there anything like secondary color correction in After Effects?
by on Oct 12, 2013 at 6:34:20 pm

I like the secondary CC in Premiere as you can isolate the skin tones with the eyedropper. You can use the color expression and choose skin, and then change to color....and then adjust the softness/hue, etc, but for me - it doesn't seem as effective.

Also I know about the synthetic aperture, but again...I cant find an effective way to isolate certain colors. Lastly, I know hue/saturation does a good job of this, but you cannot eyedrop your color choices....just estimate.

Am I overlooking something?

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Is there anything like secondary color correction in After Effects?
by on Oct 12, 2013 at 8:06:25 pm

You could try the Change to Color effect. I've never used it, but I believe it allows you to select and adjust colors in a certain range. There are also several effects such as Curves or Levels for RGB manipulation.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Is there anything like secondary color correction in After Effects?
by on Oct 15, 2013 at 4:15:25 am

I'm curious about you not being able to use the secondary color correction tools in Synthetic Aperture Color Finesse.

There are some resources about that here:
http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2011/07/color-correction-and-color-gradi...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Dave AndradeRe: Is there anything like secondary color correction in After Effects?
by on Oct 15, 2013 at 5:32:46 am

total oversight on my part. As soon as I read what you typed, I went to look and over on the left near the bottom, there it was.

I'm still glad I asked because I fear if I never did, I may have continued to overlook that or just assume it wasn't there.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]