ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Nice chrome effect. How can i create this?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yuriy StepanenkoNice chrome effect. How can i create this?
by on Oct 12, 2013 at 12:59:53 pm

Hello to everyone!
I have one client who eant to create a chrome logo, it must be like another one from x-men trailer:

In that video logo appear on last seconds (TRASK). It isn't "standart and simple" chrome effect, i had no idea how create this nice light sweep! Client is angry, i'm confused :(

Whap do you think about this? How would you create same logo?

P.S. Guys, sorry for my english, it's not my common language.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Nice chrome effect. How can i create this?
by on Oct 12, 2013 at 3:58:12 pm

It looks to me the entire thing was done in a 3D app like Cinema4D. If you have CS6, you could probably build that logo using shapes, turn on reflections, create a environment map and create the chrome look. There is also a light sweep effect you could use to create the highlights.

If you have CS6 - here's a link to a great tutorial showing how to create different materials. There's even some free presets/materials that should give you a nice chrome look. After Effects CS6 3D Material Template

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Nice chrome effect. How can i create this?
by on Oct 12, 2013 at 4:58:34 pm

John's link doesn't work. I think that he was trying to point you to the materials here:
http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2012/05/free-3d-material-options-projec...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Yuriy StepanenkoRe: Nice chrome effect. How can i create this?
by on Oct 13, 2013 at 2:04:33 pm

Thanks, i'll try to use your way!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]