ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Anybody know how to create this effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt HarmanAnybody know how to create this effect?
by on Oct 4, 2013 at 4:05:05 pm

Hi guys,

I have been looking around online for help with creating this from scratch and using overlays but its not got me anywhere near what I want. I have found stock overlays and stuff but that just look fake and don't fit in with what I am doing at all.

The effect I want is this:

It is the effect after their logo with the sparks/fireflies and the sort of rust coloured mist along the bottom.

I originally thought it was something they had personally made, but while I was searching around I came across the same thing on some other channels so its obviously not too hard to do.

If it is not after effects but is something I need to do in cinema 4d then could you point me in the right direction/move the topic?

Any help would be great thanks!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Anybody know how to create this effect?
by on Oct 4, 2013 at 4:57:52 pm

You could easily do that with Simulation CC Particle World(or Particle Systems II)---here's a tutorial where Andrew Kramer creates a background with particle world that is pretty similiar to what you want to do. I can't remember exactly where in the tutorial it is, sorry.

Energetic Titles

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Matt HarmanRe: Anybody know how to create this effect?
by on Oct 4, 2013 at 5:49:32 pm

Thanks for your quick reply!

That tutorial was pretty much 100% what I was looking for, although it doesn't explain about 'mist/fog/smoke' effect.

Do you have any ideas on how to do that?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Anybody know how to create this effect?
by on Oct 4, 2013 at 6:26:35 pm

First time watching it, I thought that was just compression/artifacts. Couple of approaches, find some video of mist over black and composite it into the shot using an add or screen transfer mode then just mask it out, that's the easiest way to do this.

Trapcode particular can make good mist, but that's 300 dollar plugin. I've never tried to make some with CC Particle World, but with some custom particles it should be doable(acutally found a tutorial that I linked below using CC Particle World). Another way would be to create a few different solids and use the noise > Fractal noise effect.

Here's a couple of tutorials that might help you out:

Creating Smoke with CC Particle Effects

This one might be harder to customize for your needs, but you may find it useful:

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]