ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Super basic question I can't find in tutorials! (?)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esther Casas
Super basic question I can't find in tutorials! (?)
on Oct 3, 2013 at 7:11:08 pm

hello all,

and this is probably a stupid question, sorry about that...But what are these "minus" signs in the motion blur and quality switches? I am new in AE and got this project from another person and can't figure out how to delete or add them? tried several commands and looking for it online and tutorials...but can't figure this out! :(

i am sure many of you know how to...
thank you so much!

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Super basic question I can't find in tutorials! (?)
on Oct 3, 2013 at 8:09:06 pm

when you enalbe 'collapse tranformations' your telling ae that you want to use the properties that are set for the individual layers within that comp. so layer attributes like 3D space, blending modes and even motion blur become independent of the setting for the nested comp.

in short, if you enable motion blur for the layers within that nested comp, you will see motion blur for those layers within the main comp.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Esther Casas
on Oct 3, 2013 at 8:19:28 pm

hello Kevin!
thks for the info...just 2 questions then:

- then how do you enalbe 'collapse tranformations' ??? where is teh option in AE?

- I understand you just wantto do it when you want just to do some effects only when a layer you want to apply these effects is a comp nested layers, right?

thank you!!

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Oct 3, 2013 at 8:39:28 pm

sorry, since it was enabled in your comp, i assumed you had enabled it on purpose...

the collapse transformations option is the little sun (or spiky ball) icon in the layer switches, between the shy layer switch and the layer quality switch.

if you don't need collapse transformations enabled for that layer, if you switch it off, then the motion blur and layer quality switches will become enabled for the nested comp as a whole.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Esther Casas
on Oct 3, 2013 at 9:26:24 pm

got it, thank you Kevin!!!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Oct 6, 2013 at 5:35:32 am

information about collapsing transformations:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3878526689cb91655866c11...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]