ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Removal of Motion Blur from a high frame rate conversion

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Mark
Removal of Motion Blur from a high frame rate conversion
on Oct 3, 2013 at 2:32:05 am

I am thinking of purchasing Twixtor to do better frame rate conversions and I will only be working with converting 25fps to 50fps. Twixotr how ever can be time consuming when converting clips longer then 20mins, due to the fact that you must edit each cut/transition so you don't get that "wiggle" effect on transition.

- This clip shows the steps on how to fix this, but it will take too long.

Anyways, I have gone the simple way, by just using MPEG Stream clip to convert my YouTube clips from 25fps to 50fps. Since you are doubling the amount of frames, you get motion blur. Is there are way for After Effects CS6 to reduce this?

-Thanks

A News Graphic Lover

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Removal of Motion Blur from a high frame rate conversion
on Oct 3, 2013 at 3:32:36 am

I have to ask this: why are you doing it? Is the footage interlaced? That would be the only reason I could see for using Twixtor.

If it's 25P, and you don't mind the look of the motion inherent at that frame rate and you absolutely, positively need 50fps footage, just drop your 25p clips into a 50p comp and render away, no Twixtor necessary.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John Mark
on Oct 3, 2013 at 4:00:51 am

[Dave LaRonde] "If it's 25P, and you don't mind the look of the motion inherent at that frame rate and you absolutely, positively need 50fps footage, just drop your 25p clips into a 50p comp and render away, no Twixtor necessary.
"

Yes, but this causes motion blur, and was wondering wether or not After Effects CS6 can reduce this?

These clips I want converted to 50fps, so I am to able to use motion graphics at a higher rate. All the clips are progressive.

A News Graphic Lover

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 4, 2013 at 3:57:21 pm

Do the original clips have motion blur in them? If yes, there isn't a lot you can do.

If no, your technique is incorrect somewhere in the process.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John Mark
on Oct 5, 2013 at 10:32:25 am

I used After Effects to do the conversions, they turned out like the original. Using MPEG stream-clip was not doing the trick. So thanks Dave.

A News Graphic Lover

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]