Inbetween keyframes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Per Fenger-Krog
Inbetween keyframes
on Oct 1, 2013 at 12:42:46 pm

Hi Guys
First thread here.
Are there any way of making inbetween keyframes between two choosen ones automatically (not manually putting keyframes one by one).
I have made a walkcycle that I want to look more like a stopmotion so i dont want this smoothly look. So I want to make stepped (holdes) lines instead of bezier after I have made the start and end position keyframes for the layer. Clear enough?

All best to you all creative persons out there!

Per
Opus Animo
http://www.opusanimo.se

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Inbetween keyframes
on Oct 1, 2013 at 2:52:44 pm

One way is to "alt+click" to set an expression on the parameter. When the expression dialogue opens, press "enter" on the number keypad. Then go to the menu bar Animation > Keyframe Assistant > Convert Expression to Keyframes.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Per Fenger-Krog
on Oct 1, 2013 at 10:56:43 pm

Thank you so much! Got it working and this is almost exactly what i need. Next step is to figure out how to get the keyframes on every third or fourth frame not on every (without scaling the animation)... Any suggestion?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Oct 1, 2013 at 11:34:38 pm

That's a little beyond my abilites. You might try the Expressions Forum, perhaps someone could write a script that would accomplish placing a keyframe every 4th frame.

Of perhaps a different approach, like precomping your walk animation and using one of the time effects to strobe/stutter time. Or precomping, then chaanging the frame rate of your master comp to 8 to 10 frames instead of 30.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Per Fenger-Krog
on Oct 9, 2013 at 12:21:23 pm

Great suggestions! Thanks a lot John!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]