ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Looking for general direction achieving an effect.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Brillowski
Looking for general direction achieving an effect.
on Sep 26, 2013 at 9:13:00 pm

Hey, thank you in advance for checking this out!

I'm trying to do a very similar effect as the one at 1:10 of the following video where music notes rise up from the bottom of the frame:

Heading into the project, I figured I could use particle playground and map the particles to an image (within a precomp), throw some randomness on it and be done but I just can't get the desired results (mostly the first few frames where they rise from the bottom of the frame). I haven't used Particle Playground too much so I don't know the whole power of the effect so what I'd like to know is, in a general sense and without doing each note in it's own layer or comp, is particle playground going to do it for me? Do I need a plugin? General suggestions I could research and work on?

Thank you!

Travis

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Looking for general direction achieving an effect.
on Sep 27, 2013 at 2:23:51 am

It probably could be done in playground(not sure I gave up on that effect years ago). Try CC Particle World(comes with AE) or Trapcode Particular. Particular isn't the easiest to use, but it's compared to particle playground it's a walk in the park. You can download a trial copy of Particular and there are tons of tutorials about it at RedGiant.com

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Travis Brillowski
on Sep 27, 2013 at 3:22:46 pm

Thanks John! I've been hearing a lot about Particular but never used it. I DL'ed it this morning and knocked out this effect in a half hour. Might have to make an investment... Thanks!

Go Bucky!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Sep 27, 2013 at 4:51:38 pm

Glad I could help, one of my favorite(and most used) plugins I've ever bought.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]