ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Audio not exporting fromTimeline need comprehensive work around..............

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edgar Mills
Audio not exporting fromTimeline need comprehensive work around..............
on Sep 26, 2013 at 3:00:34 pm

I know this has been kind of addressed. This has nothing to do with previewing audio in the project window. I kind of understand that the MOV footage I shot in my JVC GY-HM100U has compressed audio and that AE cannot use the mulitplex format and drops the audio in the timeline.
What I need to know is when I put 8 clips in a pre-made AE template, what is the process of getting the audio into the final rendering. Should I strip the audio into a wav file then adding it to the video on the AE timeline and manual lining it up? There must be a better process. If you know it can you spell it out.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Audio not exporting fromTimeline need comprehensive work around..............
on Sep 26, 2013 at 4:50:02 pm

Transcode your footage into a lossless movie with audio channel(s). Use this footage in AE.

Don't forget to make sure the audio is tuned out in the Output Module for the comp in the AE Render Queue.

And also know that AE is a pretty lousy application when dealing with audio. You have to jump through a lot of hoops to get a good mix, for example.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Edgar Mills
Re: Audio not exporting fromTimeline need comprehensive work around..............
on Sep 26, 2013 at 6:48:15 pm

So you are saying convert the MOV to an AVI which I think is lossless with same specs and AE will just accept the clip in the timeline with the proper audio settings in the render mode and I am good to go.....

thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 26, 2013 at 8:16:59 pm

Personally I'd go for a Quicktime Movie in the PNG codec.

".mov" is not a codec. It's the file extension that indicates it's a quicktime movie: a media container, not a codec.

Dave LaRonde

Return to posts index

Edgar Mills
on Oct 1, 2013 at 3:34:24 pm

Have taken the original MOV and brought into MPEG Streamclip converter at H.263 with uncompressed stereo audio at 1920X1080 then into AE and still no audio on finished file. This is with the audio checked on the output

Return to posts index

Edgar Mills
on Oct 1, 2013 at 3:59:08 pm

Have taken the original MOV and brought into MPEG Streamclip converter at H.263 with uncompressed stereo audio at 1920X1080 into AE and still no audio on finished file. This is with the audio checked on the output

Return to posts index

Edgar Mills
on Oct 2, 2013 at 3:33:47 pm

Still not working here are some facts:

MOV into MPEG streamclip set to H.264 1920X1080 29.97 uncompressed audio 48/16

Import into AE 1920X1080 HDTV 29.97 render with audio enabled and no sound on the final rendered file

I also do not see the waveform on the timeline.

any suggestions

thanks

Edgar

Return to posts index

Edgar Mills
on Oct 4, 2013 at 5:30:30 pm

Update:

tried the apple animation codec with uncompressed audio and it did not show the waveform in the timeline

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 7, 2013 at 6:01:56 pm

Let me ask the obvious: was the application you used to transcode to Animation able to play the audio? If yes, you have a mistake in your technique. If no, you need to use a different application.

Dave LaRonde

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]