ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Expression sampler plays by default when applied to a layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Piotr AdamekExpression sampler plays by default when applied to a layer
by on Sep 24, 2013 at 8:53:15 pm

Hello AE community,

This is my very first post so please charge yourselves with patience and understanding :)
In one of his tutorials named "hidden templates & powerful expressions" Andrew Devis shows how you can copy expressions from the expression sampler available in AE templates folder and then paste it in the transform property of an object you wish to apply it to. He emhasizes using the return button on your number pad once the expression has been pasted. The thing is that nothing happens to the applied expression until a marker is placed somewhere in the timeline. My problem is that when I paste the experssion and hit Enter (as I work on a laptop) the expressions plays straight away (irrespective whether I apply a amarker to the timeline or not). What am I doing wrong? I have tried other keyboard combinations for the RETURN button (FN+Enter, Shift+Enter) but the situation persists?
Any ideas of how this may be fixed? I want to have full control over the pasted expression, so that when I paste it, it doesn't activate immediately.

Any words of advice would be very much appreciated,
Best regards,
Piotr

Return to posts index

Ashish GuptaRe: Expression sampler plays by default when applied to a layer
by on Oct 1, 2013 at 12:51:35 pm

Piotr Adamek,

May be the expression you applied isn't controlled by layer markers .. Can u post here the expression that u used .. ?

Ashish Gupta
Motiongraphics artist and 3d generalist

aashi.29nov@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Piotr AdamekRe: Expression sampler plays by default when applied to a layer
by on Oct 2, 2013 at 10:55:48 pm

Hi there Ashish,

Unwillingly, you made me realize that I was using the wrong keyboard combination to place a marker. Since I'm working on a laptop, I don't know how to apply a marker since I haven't got (or I don't know how to configure) a number pad. I added a marker from withinf the AE top menu and now everything works perfect.

Thanks for taking interest and best wishes,
Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]