ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Moving Still Images Pixelate When Rendered

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harshvardhan GanthaMoving Still Images Pixelate When Rendered
by on Sep 23, 2013 at 8:11:54 pm

Hey, I'm trying to pan a still image in an animation I'm creating. I created the image (background scene) in Illustrator and exported it as a png. It is not pixelated (I also tried the same with a high res image). I'm using the position option in transform to pan the image from left to right. The problem is that the rendered movie is pixelated.

I rendered it in H.264. The height of the image I have used is also 720px. Here's a link to the video. Please have a look at it and you'll understand. Even at 720p, the ants and the background image are appearing to be crisp..

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Moving Still Images Pixelate When Rendered
by on Sep 23, 2013 at 10:43:53 pm

I'm seeing the artifacts that are typical when exporting using an interframe compression scheme and a low bit rate.

Show us a screenshot of your output settings.

Are you exporting this through Adobe Media Encoder? If not, you should be. The H.264 encoding from Adobe Media Encoder is much better than that directly from After Effects.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Harshvardhan GanthaRe: Moving Still Images Pixelate When Rendered
by on Sep 24, 2013 at 5:16:16 am

Hi Todd,

I read a post which said that the H.264 encoding from AE is not always good quality. So I tried rendering it with a .mov output and it worked! That post also suggested that I could convert it to an H.264 through some other software. I shall try using the Adobe Media Encoder next time. Thanks a lot.

Here's the screenshot anyway. I pretty much used the default H.264 setting while exporting from AE.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved