ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Images appear stretched when in 3d comp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lage Lind
Images appear stretched when in 3d comp
on Sep 6, 2013 at 9:12:30 am

Im making a pattern that unfolds created out of 2 different shapes, i tought the best way would be to pre-compose the shapes with the animation of it fliping up with a fade, and then just build the complete pattern and offset the different comps so that it appears as if they are unfolding.

The weird thing is that the triangles are super stretched when they are "standing up" and when they finaly finish the motion laying flat on the ground they have their original shape.. does anyone know why this is?

I have uploaded a printscrn to help better explain: http://tinypic.com/r/e0gb9z/5

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Images appear stretched when in 3d comp
on Sep 6, 2013 at 3:16:25 pm

Is all the work being done in square pixels, i.e. a pixel aspect ratio of 1.0, and nothing else?

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Lage Lind
Re: Images appear stretched when in 3d comp
on Sep 6, 2013 at 4:43:36 pm

Yes, I found out what it was, the comps had a size on the third axis (i never learn what is y,x and z) that was larger that the image since i hade two shapes of different sizes in the same comp.. hard to explain. Does someone know if there is a way to "turn off" the height of the comp, and still make it rotateable in 3d space?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]