ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Exporting MPEG GOP MXF

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesper Kjær AndersenExporting MPEG GOP MXF
by on Sep 2, 2013 at 2:20:06 pm

Hello Creative Cow!

I must submit a file for broadcasting to a company and they have some presets for the file. It shall delivered in MXF, XDCAM, 4.2.2 ...

They have a program to upload the files and I have stuck to all the settings but ...

When I upload the file it says that the expected value is IBBPBBPBBPBB but current value is IBB. I'm pretty new to exporting and make files for broadcasting and I can't find the error.

I have tried to export in Adobe Media Encoder and I've also tried in Premiere pro. Are there any who can help me?

Best regards
Jesper Andersen

- Sorry about my bad english

Return to posts index

Ryan HolmesRe: Exporting MPEG GOP MXF
by on Sep 2, 2013 at 3:03:20 pm

You probably mean IBP and can change the intraframe compression scheme in the dialog box in either Premiere or Media Encoder. Within the export dialog box scroll down and you should see a drop down that offers you different options for compression. Select the one that matches what you need to deliver. You can also change how often the I-frame appears (commonly 12 or 15 frames in NTSC lands, different if you're delivering PAL).

I know this link if for Final Cut, but it does a really good job of explaining what GOP structure is and how the IBP/IBBP formats work:

Ryan Holmes

Return to posts index

Jesper Kjær AndersenRe: Exporting MPEG GOP MXF
by on Sep 3, 2013 at 8:28:55 am

Hi Ryan

Thanks for the quick reply.

In this video you can see what I am doing and what the problem is.'>

- Jesper

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved