ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Anything in After Effects similar to the video limiter effect in premiere pro?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave AndradeAnything in After Effects similar to the video limiter effect in premiere pro?
by on Aug 31, 2013 at 1:18:55 am

Is there a plugin that will check levels when viewing other users' clips when imported into After effects?

What I plan on doing is creating some presets, the problem is that when they are added, I'd like to not clip the whites or crush the blacks too much.

I know there is Synthetic Aperture and their software has a limiter build in, but I have CC. Is there anything else that can be used if one of the people I provide these presets has an earlier version of Adobe AE?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Anything in After Effects similar to the video limiter effect in premiere pro?
by on Aug 31, 2013 at 2:49:04 pm

> I know there is Synthetic Aperture and their software has a limiter build in, but I have CC. Is there anything else that can be used if one of the people I provide these presets has an earlier version of Adobe AE?

Are you under the impression that Synthetic Aperture Color Finesse is not included with previous versions? It is. It has been for the past decade, so anyone with a functioning version of After Effects has it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Dave AndradeRe: Anything in After Effects similar to the video limiter effect in premiere pro?
by on Aug 31, 2013 at 4:25:10 pm

Yes. For no good reason I just assumed this software was not included. I've also seen other plugins by other users for color correction/grading that do not include it but it seems so intuitive to me. That being said I was going to see if there was another way to perform the same function but I have no idea why I'm trying to reinvent the wheel when the tool is already there. Thanks for the confirmation Todd.

Return to posts index

Daniel PetersonRe: Anything in After Effects similar to the video limiter effect in premiere pro?
by on Sep 3, 2013 at 12:16:25 pm

I'll second that Synthetic Aperture is an amazing tool, using 'limiting' has saved me endless amounts of time in all grading and broadcast related work.

Filmmaker | Motion Graphic Artist
http://www.saltmedia.net

http://www.TheDigitalSlice.com (beta)
Seeking clarity in digital post production. Help us gather some data!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]