ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Twixtoring real bullet-time footage ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julien HermanTwixtoring real bullet-time footage ?
by on Aug 29, 2013 at 9:13:16 am

Hi everyone,

I need some help on an important project we're trying to achieve, here's the situation:

We've got fifty Canon G15 cameras put onto a circular ramp to make the famous "bullet time/timeslice/timefreeze" (whatever you call it) effect.

Since we encountered many issues synchronizing those cameras, we decided to make the sync while using a low shutter speed in a dark environment, and make the cameras shoot at the same time by using flashlight.

So I stabilized the shots, it works, but now I need to slow down the video using Twixtor.
As I want the footage to slow down dramatically, up to 20% would be great, I get some ghost images.
I tried to use tracking points but I guess my knowledge of the twixtor plugin reaches its limits.

1 - Is there any way to upload a sample video so you can see by yourself, and already tell me if it's possible or not ?
2 - Is there any interesting resources on the internet on the subject? Tutorials made by professionals that cover entire plugin ? (and not just some parts like we use to see it on Youtube and stuff...)

Thanks for helping.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Twixtoring real bullet-time footage ?
by on Aug 29, 2013 at 3:04:42 pm

There's a RE:Vision Effects forum here on the COW, so you can ask the creators of Twixtor directly:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Julien HermanRe: Twixtoring real bullet-time footage ?
by on Aug 29, 2013 at 3:16:33 pm

Thank you Todd.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved