ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE Composition appears tiny in main comp review window

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Walton
AE Composition appears tiny in main comp review window
on Aug 27, 2013 at 9:23:43 am

I've completed a composition, but when I review it in the main comp window it appears in the top left corner of the comp window (about an sixth of the white comp window) - it also renders to this size no matter what render size I use - can someone tell me what basic mistake I have made? Thanks!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: AE Composition appears tiny in main comp review window
on Aug 27, 2013 at 3:22:45 pm

Take a screen shot of your project and upload it using the third to last icon in the reply dialogue. A screen shot of your rendering queue with the render and output module twirled open would also be helpful.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Mark Walton
on Aug 27, 2013 at 5:04:11 pm

Hi John - am busy rendering several projects so the render queue not available for a while, but see attached screen shot for the project...

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Aug 27, 2013 at 8:36:09 pm

Your composition is actually that large.

If you want a smaller composition, then create a new composition at the desired size, drag the big composition into the new composition, and reposition the nested composition within the new composition to place the content that you want within the frame.

Start here to learn After Effects: http://adobe.ly/bjBT3P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Mark Walton
on Aug 28, 2013 at 4:45:39 pm

Hi Todd - My frustration is that none of my other projects appear this small - they all fill the center screen and when sent to render - do so as they appear. This one renders exactly as you see it in the screen capture above.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]