ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Adobe After Effects "Multi-Processing"

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John MichaelsAdobe After Effects "Multi-Processing"
by on Aug 26, 2013 at 2:10:05 pm

Any idea with this? i cannot turn on the multiprocessing options. rendering is too slow.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Adobe After Effects "Multi-Processing"
by on Aug 26, 2013 at 3:12:25 pm

a guess is that your combo of CPU's and RAM is too low for AE to use multi-processing. BTW, if you can't dedicate 1gig per CPU, it's not even worth it to multiprocess anyway.

Hopefully Todd Kopriva may wander in here and be able to explain the exact reason why you aren't able to use multiprocessing. To figure that out though, you may want to post some more Details about your system

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Adobe After Effects "Multi-Processing"
by on Aug 26, 2013 at 11:44:09 pm

You have far too little RAM to use Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing.

You say that "rendering is too slow". There are a lot of things that you can do to improve rendering speed, but the most obvious is to use a more powerful computer with more RAM.

See this page for information about memory and improving performance in After Effects:

See this page for resources about making After Effects work faster:

See this page for information about hardware for After Effects:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved