ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animation engine overrides particle count in Element 3D?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan WendtAnimation engine overrides particle count in Element 3D?
by on Aug 26, 2013 at 11:55:42 am

I'm using adobe after effects and element 3d and I'm trying to create an animation where a logo I have created from (shape) masks on one group animates into the name of the company on a second group.

I have the logo on group 1, and have it set to a particle count of 10 in the shape of a ring, with multi-object enabled. On the second group I have the extruded text (10 letters) with a particle count of 1, also with multi-object enabled. What I want is for each shape logo to then animate to a letter of the company name.

When I enable the animation engine it doesn't seem to have a way of each particle in group 1 to animate to each letter in group 2. If I have the particle count set to the first group then during the animation it uses the entire company name per each logo during the animation. If I have the particle number set to the group of the company name, then there is only 1 particle for the logo even though 10 are set in the group options. Obviously it's hard to make a ring of logos with only one.

How do I set this up so each character in group 2 is recognized as a particle so that it will then animate correctly into the 10 particles in group 1? Thanks in advance for the help!

Return to posts index

Attila KovarcsikRe: Animation engine overrides particle count in Element 3D?
by on Oct 28, 2013 at 10:45:06 pm

Same here. Any solution?

Return to posts index

Jonathan WendtRe: Animation engine overrides particle count in Element 3D?
by on Oct 28, 2013 at 10:49:03 pm

I was told on the video copilot forums that it is impossible. :-(

Return to posts index

Attila KovarcsikRe: Animation engine overrides particle count in Element 3D?
by on Oct 28, 2013 at 11:03:00 pm

Thanks. I just sent them en email as well. Too bad. It should not be that hard to implement and such a useful effect. I basically would like to morph into my extruded text logo. Anyway thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]