ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is it possible to duplicate a grid mask on a math round thats made of reapeaters?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Louis Ferrante
Is it possible to duplicate a grid mask on a math round thats made of reapeaters?
on Aug 22, 2013 at 11:58:56 pm

Ok i made a path gave it a stroke repeated it moved its position to 0 and changed rotation on the repeater essentially a math round made of a shape. Now my question is my math round has 51 segments in it I want the inside of the stroked shapes to have a grid. So I made a precomped layer of the stroke put the grid inside of it applied a mask to the grid, but the grid doesnt repeat like the layer does for me. I ended up having to make 51 masks for it, but Im sure there has to be an easier way?

My desired effect is something like this but id rather have the grid follow the rotation as well...

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Is it possible to duplicate a grid mask on a math round thats made of reapeaters?
on Aug 23, 2013 at 4:07:49 pm

You could duplicate the shape/stroke layer and change it to a fill layer, then set it up with the same parameters to make circle. Then take use that as a alpha matte for your grid layer.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]